Career Opportunities with Hershocks
Our employees are what makes Hershocks great! We understand the value of recruiting and retaining quality employees who “desire a career” as opposed to simply “having a job”. Many of our managers, estimators and salespeople began their careers as apprentices or field installers and have advanced within the company as their experience has grown. Depending on your entry point into the company, benefits such as paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, 401k, and profit sharing are available.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactorily passing a medical examination and drug screen. Your application will be held for a period of one (1) year. Hershocks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, non-job related handicap or disability, genetic information, Vietnam or disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal or State Law.
Glazier (Glass Installer)
Established in 1935, Central Pennsylvania’s leading commercial glass and aluminum contractor has openings in its Large Contract Division. The individual in this position has the opportunity to advance in the field or fabrication operations. Many of the Hershocks current management positions are filled by individuals who began in the field or fabrication operations.
● Installation of curtain wall, storefront, and architectural metal panels
● Reading manufacturer instructions and executing details for specific manufacturers’ systems
● Proper and safe use of scissor lifts, boom lifts, scaffold and swing stage
● Understanding and following of OSHA regulations
● Reading blueprints to determine location of aluminum framing
● Determining plumb of walls or ceilings by using plumb lines, levels, and level transit
● Cutting and installation of metal sashes and/or moldings
● Fasten glass units into sashes or frames with clips or moldings
● Secure mirrors in position using mastic, putty, or mechanical fastners
● Transporting material to job site and loading material onto proper floor
● Other duties as assigned
● High school diploma or GED
● Valid PA Driver’s License
● Must be at least 18 years of age
● Passing post-offer employment physical which includes drug testing
● Able to pass PA Criminal History and Child Abuse Clearance background checks
● Support of and willing adherence to Hershocks’ mission, vision and core values
● Motivated to learn our business and expand your skill set
● Health Insurance
● Retirement Plan
Hershocks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Download printable application by clicking here.